Sunday 9 October 2011

Day 11

I will finish my trip report if it kills me  although May seems a loonngg way off.

Sunday 15th May 2011

Another somewhat lie in today due to a latish breakfast at Kouzinna by Cat Cora on the Disney boardwalk. Bit of a trek to get there. Caught the ever-reliable bus to Epcot and then walked briskly out the international gateway and round to the boardwalk. We'd managed to underestimate the time it would take and only just made our reservation time. The restaurant was quite busy and we had to wait a few minutes to be seated. The food was...ok but the service was probably the worst we experienced in our time at Disney. Not bad so much as a bit lazy. Left feeling a bit underwhelmed and carried on round the boardwalk.


We admired the lovely Swan and Dolphin hotels and found ourselves drawn towards Fantasia mini golf, as if by magic. We decided to play a round, because, well, it's Disney mini golf. Had a bit of rain during the game but Maddie in particular really enjoyed it.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x480.

We caught a boat back to Epcot and the commentary by the boat crew was very entertaining. On reaching Epcot, we had intended to do some rides but we came across a temporary pavillion celebrating 25 years of Pixar. Maddie and I got some photos with The Incredibles and i learned that Michael Giacchino, the composer, was due to appear at a seminar that evening. My lovely wife convinced me to try and make the talk, so we rode Spaceship Earth again, and I tried out Test Track and Mission Space again before we had a late lunch at Coral Seas. We got a table quite easily, and had a very enjoyable meal. The girls headed off to Magic Kingdom and I went back to the Pixar Pavillion to get in line for the seminar. While queuing, I got talking to a hardcore Disney fan who reported for a Disney podcast. I learned at this point that Giacchino wasn't appearing but I decided to stay anyway. The talk was focussed on Cars 2 and was given by a senior animator and two of the production team at Pixar. It was very entertaing and informative but more enjoyable was the warm up by three of the green army men from Toy Story who hosted an impromptu Pixar quiz. This one was for the real fans, folks. I made my way back to Magic Kingdom where I met the girls before watching the Electric Parade and finding a good spot for the fireworks. It was alovely evening and over all too soon.